
The article:
It turns out the actual article isn't up, but here is a link to the event.
My letter:
To: Maclean's Magazine
Subject: How to fix democracy. Step one...
Date: Sunday, October 4, 2009
Dear Maclean's,
Step one is to allow the voices of women to be represented in debates such as the one documented in your issue this week. I heard talk of the debate on CBC radio, and turned to the article in Macleans with anticipation. Upon seeing the photos and reading the opening I was
immediately frustrated by the lack of women involved, and put the article aside. I did come back to it later because I can't deny that the gentlemen involved in the debate are all well-respected and I was curious about what insight they may provide to the current political situation in Canada. I was not disappointed in that respect, but remain deeply disheartened that there doesn't seem to be a place for Canadian women in such discussions.
Sincerely,
Lindsay
Guelph, Ontario
Their reply:
Date: Monday, October 5, 2009
Dear
Thank you for your letter. Scheduling problems prevented intended female panelists from attending, but ultimately that's no excuse.
All the best,
Maclean's
No comments:
Post a Comment