Yesterday it was -10, sunny, and there was fresh snow on the ground. Perfect weather for skiing!
I had been planning all week to go skiing with a new friend from work whom I recently found out likes skiing too. When I woke up I just knew that it would be a great day for it. The air smelled so fresh, and the sun had that warm "PÄskeferie" (Easter vacation) feeling to it.
It turned out the my friend had arranged that a whole bunch of her other friends would go skiing too. Seven of us loaded into two cars and headed for a local conservation area. There were some good little dips and turns in the trails, but the best part was that the lake was frozen. We skied out over the smooth snow on the ice, past a bunch of people ice fishing over to the other side of the lake. A residential area backs onto the lake, and there were 2 big rinks that had been shoveled off and kids and teenagers were skating and playing hockey. It was so nice to see kids outside playing on a sunny Saturday afternoon instead of stuck in front of a screen indoors.
Not only did I get to ski, I had the bonus of meeting a new group of great people. After skiing we got together for hot chocolate at Emily's house. It turns out that they all live within a few blocks of my new place. I loved being able to walk the one block home from visiting with new friends with my boots crunching in the snow, and my skiis over my shoulder. Life couldn't be better.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment