I have some decisions to make, and they have been weighing heavily on me. Decisions about my career, where to live, what I want in life.
Last night I met with some wonderful friends for dinner, and presented my dilemmas to them over curry, beer, and raspberry-custard pie. Each provided some great insight, and shared some of their own experiences both in decision-making, and in decisions made.
Then towards the end of the evening, the conversation came back around to my decision-making and two great pieces of advice have stuck with me more than any of the other discussions in the hours preceeding. First, although it is important to actively make decisions about the direction I want to take, there will probably be something that will happen in the next few days that will make my choice clearer - and I shouldn't let the decision-making process bog me down so much or I might miss some other opportunities that might not be as easy to identify. Also, it's only in retrospect that decisions can be regretted anyway, in the moment I can only use the information I have at my disposal to make the best decisions possible.
The second thing that was said that I have been thinking about since, was that my decisions are all decisions of abundance. At no point will I be facing hunger, or homelessness, or the possibility of no further opportunities. So now I am trying to enjoy the opportunity I have to make life-decisions.
I do believe that I have a clearer vision of my choices and which one I will make than I did before I went for dinner yesterday. To those of you who were at dinner last night, whom I believe read this blog - thank you for listening and sharing your wisdom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment